Sunday, April 7, 2019

Revisiting redactions

When is a redaction done? Is it ever truly done? do you revisit these creations or leave them after they have served their purpose?

These questions have recently popped up in my head and I felt 'called out' by them. I began to hear the recipes call to me like forgotten toys at the back of the closet, 'I'm tasty!,' 'You weren't completely happy with me but I was good enough.'. Especially the latter group calls to me, and so with an event on the horizon I am taking this opportunity to revisit some of these 'lost toys' and maybe get a chance to clean them up, give them a new shine and really make a go of them.

This weekend I played with my Meat Pasties. A recipe I originally garnered from a website but through some trial and error began to make it my own. Changing the spicing some and this last batch by far was the best tasting I had made yet. My children aren't fans of raisins so I am thinking of mashing them for the next batch to sneak them in and hold the sweetness and flavor.

I learned that to accommodate the gluten free crowd I would either need a crust of gluten free flour or I need to bake them. The sugar in them as well as the raisins do not lend to pan frying... but I tried.

I payed attention to measuring this time, well I should say portioning. How many does this actually make, something I often forget to track but in the long run is helpful to know.

I'm looking forward to the next revisit and that is my medieval chicken nuggets. I have many 'toys' to revisit and I do hope to get to them all as well as add to the toy chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment