Tuesday, August 6, 2019

All quiet on the SCA front

With no immediate projects I have been quiet and taking time to focus on same rather mundane things. Like looking for work, I'm still looking btw. But my last post about it being hot did lead to a great post in my mundane blog. Yes, I started a second cooking blog to talk about mundane cooking. It reads a lot like this one in 'tone'. With me typing out a 'conversation ' with my reader and the focus is modern and mundane cooking.

I'm looking for projects and feel rather overwhelmed still at all the options, Though I would rather be able to focus on an event. Maybe I will create one (no, not giving up cooking for autocratting) but having a 'reserve pile' of menu's. Or maybe start planning well in advance the next Arts in April. It is only 9 months away after all, lol. No matter what I do I am still out here puttering and learning.

In fact I just had a rather funny, to me at least, experience. A friend posted a recipe she made that she had gotten from a friend. I asked about where it came from because it had a familiarity I couldn't put my finger on. It turns out it was a recipe I considered when doing my research For silver anniversary. It was from the 16th cent French cookbook I had looked through. Funny that I have not touched the book in depth in well over a year and still I could recognize the recipe. Even if I couldn't immediately place where from. It is amazing how much we retain as background noise in our brains and what triggers it to pop back up to the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment