Monday, March 9, 2020

Post event accounting

     3 crates of 'shire stuff' went home with someone else to be sorted and accounted for. I can't say i feel bad about it. I have been tracking this stuff for about 10 years or so. I still maintain the towels and spices but they are small and I have a spot for them. I need to do a reckoning on the spice box and I am about halfway through that project. I have measured and weighed all the jars and bags. Cleaned the box and now need to make a sheet with the list.

      As some may know I have had some important things going on in my personal life. My son has been 'sick'. I don't want to get into detail here but privately if you wish to ask me I will answer.

     I had plans for this event but it was fraught with frustration and perils at every turn, but we made it! 2 weeks before the event is when my son got sick. I immediately cancelled his reservation knowing he wouldn't make it. I thought it would be my daughter and I . Then I had to cancel her reservation as I made a mistake in my calendar when vacation was (she was spending this one with her dad).  Then due to my son's illness and having to be places to deal with that it was made apparent a week before the event that I would not make it in time to cook dinner on Friday night and I would need someone to do the shopping. Thankfully a solution was found. Thank you to Saidra who cooked from my instructions the onion soup on Friday night, and huge thanks to Robert who took her shopping for all my ingredients. Things worked out and it was great weekend all around.

     I kept the menu simple, one of the simplest I had ever made. I was astounded at the onion pie's reception. It was decimated and the pans practically licked clean. The pumpkin was well received as well even though there happened to be leftovers, which were scooped up in the morning by people.

     I was happy with the food that was made and at the pace in which we were able to work. We had plenty of time to rest or sit as we needed. I say we and it was truly only Bryndis and myself, but we never needed anyone else. After feast we did have some dish Fairies! Petronilla and Brian were fantastic and knocked out a ton of dishes. The fact that the dishwasher only takes 6 min probably helps with that!

     The site, though shared was lovely and easy to organize. The kitchen adequate for what we were doing and well equipped. It is small and each half only has room for 2 or maybe three people. 2 was comfortable 3 would begin to make things tight. I would easily be willing to use that facility again.

No comments:

Post a Comment