Friday, September 27, 2013

Sidetracked by life

Sorry to say it folks but every once in a while I have a "real life". It has been a nice break but it is time to get back to the grindstone and start work again, and that I have.

I have been recently immersed in a 14/15th century cookbook Libro di Cucina by Anonimo Veneziano. I had stumbled on the translation by Helewyse de Birkestad, OL  (MKA Louise Smithson) which can be found at http://medievalcookery.com/etexts.html

I am preparing to make a feast for early December as well as have started a comparitive study of recipes from Scappi and a study of "evolution" in dishes. It didn't start out that way but it seems to want to flow in that direction.

So far I have found at least 3 recipes that I can do direct comparisons with. \o/


No comments:

Post a Comment