Thursday, October 28, 2021

Regalia

 That is what we call the accoutrements that we wear to identify rank and station. Be it a simple circlet or a fancy coronet (crown), medallions or collars, capes, cloaks and other outer garments, they stand out to make the wearer identifiable. Upon elevation to a peerage order one is often gifted with these symbols that reflect their new status. Sometimes it is a heritage item, passed from one to another down a line or within a group. Other times new things are commissioned or bought for the recipient. In my case there were no heritage items as our line is small but growing. I was given many gifts and to say it was humbling is an understatement. It has taken me near a week to wrap my head around the generosity and love that was shown and showered upon me. 

While I have made a Facebook post naming those that gifted me items I wanted to show them off here as well. Facebook posts get lost and while the memories come it is but once a year.

In my last post I showed my medallions and spoke of those who gifted them but they are beautiful enough that I will do it again!

Medallions:
Judith of NorthUmbria
Bridget Greywolf
Ellisa von Berenklaw
Victoria Piera Rosselli
Oriane d'Avallon
Duncan Kerr and Lissette de la Rose

The partlet (instead of a cloak) Aleydis van Vilvoorde and Lady Alfhildde Foxley



Wreaths: Bridget Greywolf (the green and the large gold ones). Ellisa von Berenklaw


Every one of these pieces will be near and dear to me forever. I will continue to be stunned, humbled and proud of wearing each piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment