Tuesday, May 30, 2023

ICOE (In Case of Elevation / Peerage): A document I think everyone should have!!

 

So, the first thing to address is 'Why do I need one, I'm not even close?' 

The answers are:

    You may be closer than you think.

    This is a living document and can be a reminder of how relationships grow and change and how your views on the society grow and change.

This document is not just for dependents!!! (Squires, Proteges, Apprentices, Cadets, or other) This document is for everyone!

I don't have a peer, who do I give mine to? 

    Great question! Give it to your partner, your closest friend, A friend that is a peer, or give them to me. I will hold anyone's document for them. 


What if the peer I give it to isn't the one on the path I am following?

    Trust me, Peers talk to each other across the disciplines. If someone is looking for your info, they will find it.

'Isn't it unseemly to desire peerage?'

    Let me be blunt NO! Having a desire, a drive, or a goal to become a peer is not unseemly. Being your sole motivation is. A squire by accepting a red belt is making a statement 'I want to be a knight'. It is not wrong for the other dependents to have the same attitude about their belts (pins, garters, aprons, or other signs of a relationship, or no sign at all).

To sum up for now, this is intended as a guide. A place to put your wants AND your Do Not wants as well. I m happy to chat about this if you catch me at an event while I am free, or you reach out via Face Book messenger or via email at baroness.maggie@gmail.com. Lets talk!

Below is the link to my template on my Google drive. Like the document you create it is a living document, Changes will be made at times as I think of more things or new ideas are brought to me.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q4gkMNqEy8mRtX_ss0RYiqLDz772BVqY2N3Y4naDKts/edit?usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment