Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Fabric is on its way

So I did it, I committed  to color and it is on its way. Originally I wanted something in blue, it seems though that that wasn't meant to be. After checking around for good sources I found a site and scoured it over and over, even with help! Instead I will be doing something closer to this painting....
The body of the dress will be:
The color is called phoenix, a lovely 2 tone taffeta
The sleeves will be done in the color mandragora, also in taffeta.
Both are from Silkbaron.com. so far a lovely company with a wide selection of products and colors.

I am hunting for a blue to use as the trim preferably in velvet. Why is this proving to be so hard to do? I want it approximately 1 in wide. I am sure I will find it but really think I need to wait for the fabric to arrive so I can find the perfect shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment