Monday, August 10, 2020

SCA in the time of Covid 19

 March was the last physical event I went to. It was a good time with great people. I do so hope we get to do that again sometime soon (ish). As it stands there are no Kingdom level events until the new year. Things here in Europe have been on a slow incline. Likely due to the vacation season and hot weather. We will all be back in lockdown if this continues though. 

I have had some family difficulties, but things are evening out on that front. But it has been a distraction and an addition to my anxiety. Covid too has heightened my anxiety and left an uncertain future in front of me. Schools all closed and employers stopped hiring. People are working from home and I don't have the skill set for that.Indeed most things I can think of need start up money which I just don't have. i feel stuck in this way.

My SCA life though moves forward. It has been 2 weeks since I received my writ to enter the order of the Laurel. I had begun planning the occasion for 12th night coronation in January but it has been cancelled. Now to contemplate an alternative which is quite difficult as there is nothing on the calendar at the moment. Plus my travel options are limited because in this time of pandemic my passport has expired and for a long time you could not get a renewal. Renewals have just now opened but they are back logged and the turn around time is unknown. Though a plus is I can do it via mail. Now to get it done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment